Gerry Bartley, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Bainbridge Island, WA
Over the past 35+ years, Mr. Bartley has helped healthcare organizations transform the way they treat their patients. Whether it entails transitioning from paper charts, justifying proposed technology investments to Boards of Directors, vendor and systems evaluations, clinical and business process management, Information Technology strategic planning, and assisting hospital executives in communicating and translating complex solutions, he has continued to evolve and manage firms through his “personal hands-on approach for his customers” while steering his team and clients through the Healthcare Reform Policies.
Mr. Bartley has been a key advisor to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs and other C-Suite Executives for guidance and education on technology transformations and organizational change management. This valued relationship has helped customers achieve their vision for organizational initiatives. More importantly, Mr. Bartley has delivered projects that were on-time and within budget.
- ♦ Senior Level Management Consultant to many C-Level Executives
- ♦ Co-Founder, Board Chairman and CEO of HSi since 2011, Transforming Healthcare, One Hospital at a Time.
- ♦ President, Co-Founder and Senior Management Consultant of a very successful healthcare consulting corporation, sold to Fortune 500 company in 2010
- ♦ Chief Information Officer : Washoe Medical Center, Reno, Nevada and Kettering Medical Center, Dayton, Ohio
- ♦ Extensive network of personal contacts at Epic, MEDITECH, GE and Cerner Corporations and many of their client hospitals
- ♦ Engagement Director, Hilo Medical Center, Hilo, Hawaii, leading the organization through Stage 7 and Davies Award process
- ♦ Engagement Director, Senior Management Consultant – The Queens Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
- ♦ Engagement Director, Motion Picture and Television Fund Hospital, Woodland Hills, California
- ♦ Clinical training and experience as Medical Technologist
- ♦ Led System Selection process for many hospitals
- ♦ Led contract negotiations for several hospitals acquiring Epic and MEDITECH systems
- ♦ VP Healthcare Outsourcing for a leading government and healthcare outsourcing corporation
- ♦ Managed small and large data centers with 4-30 outsourced hospital IT departments
Randy Carson, President & Chief Operating Officer
Mr. Carson has worked in the healthcare industry for 30+ years in a variety of roles. For the past 16+ years he has worked directly in the Healthcare IT and EMR space. His focus has been on EMR Assessments/Implementations, Value Management & Realization, Meaningful Use and Technical Reporting. Randy has also spent several years as a hospital CEO for three community hospitals (both public and private) and as an Executive Director for a hospital system multi-clinic group managing the day to day operations and business development. Prior to this, he worked as a Management Engineer and directed this service line for a large multi-hospital system.
Mr. Carson is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) and Lifetime Fellow in the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (LFHIMSS). He served on the HIMSS Board of Directors from 1991 to 1995. He has an M.S. in Engineering Management and B.S. in Industrial & Systems Engineering.
- ♦ Served as hospital CEO in three hospitals during his career. Accomplishments include:
- ◊ Reduced operating costs through re-engineering processes and consolidating services with two sister hospitals.
- ◊ Facilitated the assessment and acquisition of several physician practices.
- ◊ As CEO, actively participated in the development of several IT strategic plans.
- ◊ Served as hospital CEO during several JCAHO surveys with exceptional results.
- ♦ Managed several benefits realization projects as related to return-on-investment for information technology capital. Results included benefits ranging from $1.5 – $50 Million over a typical 3-5 year period.
- ♦ Provided implementation support, training & education to over 30 hospitals for a productivity and labor system developed and used by HCA, LifePoint and Triad Hospitals (now Community Health Systems).
- ♦ Developed a performance management and position control system for a 663-bed medical center and its affiliated hospitals. These systems reduced FTE count by over 5% on a system-wide basis with direct labor cost being reduced by more than 8%.
- ♦ Managed numerous re-engineering and resizing efforts in community, metropolitan and university medical centers ranging from 40 to 2000 beds.
- ♦ Facilitated the development process for long and short-range strategic plans in numerous hospitals and clinics.
Scott Generazo, Senior Vice President
Salt Lake City, UT
Mr. Generazo brings 20+ years of healthcare experience to the HSi Management Team. He is responsible for the staffing, delivery and execution for all of HSi’s engagements as well as developing and building client relationships.
Prior to joining Health Systems informatics, Mr. Generazo held leadership positions at two fortune 500 companies, Stanley Black & Decker and 3M Health Information Systems, where his primary role was to deliver high quality services and solutions to his clients. At Becton Dickinson, Mr. Generazo spent time as a Project Manager responsible for developing and delivering a point of care medication management system. He worked at Medical Information Technology, Inc. (MEDITECH) for six years, holding implementation, support, project management, and supervisory positions.
- ♦ Coach and mentor site managers and consultants to give them the skills needed to complete complex assignments and resolve day to day personal and client related issues.
- ♦ Work with internal management, developing growth strategies on how to leverage consulting and technology services.
- ♦ Quickly resolve healthcare IS technical and process issues, delivering innovative business solutions.
- ♦ Build high-performing teams, generating superior results for clients.
- ♦ Expertise across healthcare systems including hospital processes, pharmacy HL7 interface protocol, electronic billing systems, and compliance solutions.
- ♦ Versatile skill set includes system integration, software installation, quality control, and vendor relations.
- ♦ Widely recognized as a dedicated leader, trusted mentor, and dynamic speaker who consistently envisions the big picture and synchronizes staff, systems, and technologies to maximize growth.
- ♦ Delivered a $1 million WaaS (Wireless as a Service) and cellular capabilities to a strategic healthcare client ahead of schedule and under budget.
- ♦ Provided pre and post LIVE Pharmacy support for an important MEDITECH 6.0 client, resolving patient safety issues, and optimizing operational and system performance.
Stephanie Hojan, Vice President
Over the past 15+ years, Ms. Hojan has helped healthcare organizations in their reporting and data needs in a variety of capacities. Whether it entails strategic planning and process design, assessing the skills set of technical staff, designing and implementing new organizational structures, organizing and kicking off organizational information governance, serving as an interim reporting manager or assisting hospital executives in understanding complex data issues, she has continued to develop and lead her team and clients through the maturing healthcare data and information space.
Ms. Hojan has been involved in numerous roles over her career. No matter the context, rolling up her sleeves and helping get it done to the satisfaction of her clients is a priority as she strives to make all of her customers “customers for life”.
- ♦ Senior Level Management Consultant to reporting and data leadership at all levels
- ♦ Coordinated the long term strategy and implementation for Information Governance and reporting operational support at Kaiser Permanente, Southern California Region
- ♦ Project managed the implementation of Business Objects Enterprise, Community Medical Centers, Fresno, CA
- ♦ Project Manager, Epic Revenue Cycle Reporting Implementation, MemorialCare Health System (Southern California)
- ♦ Served as Interim Manager, Business Intelligence Support Reporting Team at MultiCare Health System, Tacoma, WA
- ♦ Worked as the Revenue Cycle Reporting Coordinator for Duke University Health System
- ♦ Divisional leader of HSi’s Healthcare Information and Analytics team
- ♦ Actively involved in the planning and coordination of HSi’s Population Management and HIE activities
Kristi Andrae, Director of Human Resources & Admin. Services
Ms. Andrae has 20+ years’ combined experience working in healthcare, e-commerce, and marketing firms, managing human resources and office administration in privately held companies and public corporations. She has worked closely with executives across multiple industries, leveraging pivotal roles to contribute to the strategic direction within many organizations.
Ms. Andrae looks for opportunities to measure grit in the workplace. She believes employee engagement begins with engaged leadership, a readiness to evolve, and the ability to reskill and “upskill” in keeping their life’s work compelling and meaningful for themselves and for the company. Ms. Andrae is an active member of SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management), as well as WSHRMA, an affiliated SHRM chapter.
- ♦ Development of the Human Resources Department; planning, implementing and managing human resource programs, policies and practices that reinforce the company’s values and expectations
- ♦ Monitoring trends in employment law at the local, state and federal levels, mitigating risk to the company and its stakeholders
- ♦ Effectively working with executives and fellow leadership to identify, plan and achieve company goals that support steady growth and maintain high employee retention
- ♦ Development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, instructional documents and templates for consistent training and standard practices
- ♦ Manage benefits administration and evaluates programs for improved retention and cost effectiveness
- ♦ Develop and manage onboarding programs for new hires, the company’s vision, mission and goals, and training of the organization’s business processes
- ♦ Development and oversight of several business operations aspects of the company, including: evaluating and launching internal systems, tracking the right metrics, process improvement and automation
- ♦ Served as Clinic Administrative Supervisor for a new and the first satellite clinic of Western States Chiropractic College, now University of Western States; responsible for developing processes and procedures, including: patient scheduling, medical records keeping, and insurance billing
- ♦ Pioneered Shared Services Department within a multidisciplinary healthcare facility to integrate medical, chiropractic, physical therapy, nutrition and personal training
- ♦ Liaison between all impacted departments to ensure proper communications and reporting practices
- ♦ Coordinates company meetings (facilities, AV requirements, food services, guest room facilities, ground transportation, flight information, billing) accomplishing a learning and networking environment
Kathie Crane, Director of Clinical Informatics & Epic Practice Director
Ms. Crane is an accomplished registered nurse with extensive strategic planning, leadership and clinical informatics experience. In the past 13 years she’s successfully led teams through multiple EMR implementations and optimization efforts. Kathie is a successful role model for bridging the functions of clinical care and information technology by demonstrating her expertise in nursing practice and transforming healthcare delivery through the use of “Best Practice” information technology. Kathie is an effective, results-oriented leader, able to build collaborative, motivated, and extremely successful teams.
As a health care consultant, she is passionate about helping hospitals obtain value from the EHR. Kathie continues to work with hospitals to identify opportunities to use EHR systems to achieve health and efficiency goals. She provides unbiased leadership with strategic intent, then partners with organizations in transforming strategic initiatives into benefits realization.
- ♦ Strategic planning, leadership, clinical oversite and direction for EHR implementations and optimization
- ♦ Hospital program development leading to hospital achievements for the following (Epic and MEDITECH):
- ◊ HIMSS Stage 6 and 7
- ◊ Davies Award
- ◊ Meaningful Use Stages 1 and 2
- ♦ Developed clinical informatics structures that support workflow based optimization teams for process redesign, user requested improvements, and rapid turnaround time for change
- ♦ Developed and led project management office for EHR search and selection
- ♦ Accomplished speaker on topics regarding return on investment for an EHR, optimization strategies and structures, hardware selection, implementation of device interfaces, and the electronic health record for the legal counsel at local, regional and national forums
- ♦ Nominee for March of Dimes Nurse of the Year for Innovation and Creativity
- ♦ Awarded Arizona Daily Star Fabulous 50 nurse award
- ♦ Acceptance into Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing for receiving a 4.0 GPA in Masters of Nursing Program
Lynn Ishikawa, Recruiter
Ms. Ishikawa has worked in the hospital and healthcare industry for 30 years, starting out as a nursing assistant while attending nursing school. She was selected to be a temporary CPOE and nursing documentation trainer in 1995 because of her love of computers combined with educating patients and staff, then turned it into a 22-year healthcare IT career. During that time, she achieved her GE Medical Systems Master Change Agent certification along with Epic certifications, which have prepared her for various positions managing Epic analysts, consultants and credentialed trainers prior to joining Health Systems informatics.
- ♦ Nominee for Queen’s Medical Center Queen Emma Nursing Leadership Award
- ♦ Certified GE Medical Systems Master Change Agent
- ♦ Certified GE Medical Systems CAP (Change Acceleration Process) & Work-Out™ trainer
- ♦ Co-chaired Magnet Redesignation Interdisciplinary Relations Committee
- ♦ Member of various Hospital Committees: Education & Development, Chief Nursing Officer Group, Medical Records Committee
- ♦ Leadership Works, LLC/Social Styles Course completion
- ♦ Hiring For Fit Targeted Selection Course completion
- ♦ Recruited, hired and managed trainers, workflow analysts, and system administrators for Epic Enterprise Health Information Systems Department
Paula Kyburz, Senior Project Director
Des Moines, IA
Ms. Kyburz has inspired and guided individuals and organizations in the healthcare arena for over 40 years as a Registered Nurse, EMR Consultant and Senior Project Manager. Her consulting career has spanned 17 years utilizing hands-on multi-vendor knowledge, extensive project management expertise bridging the gaps between business owners and information technology teams, and mentorship of both client and internal HSi staff.
Ms. Kyburz pursued the clinical portion of her career with UnityPoint Health (formerly Iowa Health System) as a Registered Nurse primarily in the coronary and intensive care arenas, and provided leadership as a nursing supervisor of a 465-bed acute care hospital. She is a member of the Healthcare Information Management Systems Society and the Iowa HIMSS Chapter, and is licensed by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- ♦ Project Director and Manager of full Epic and MEDITECH EHR implementations (Acute Care, Children’s, and Women’s Hospitals; all departments)
- ♦ Population Health Program development and project management
- ♦ Interim IT Application Administrator for a large multi-facility organization providing oversight of numerous key initiatives
- ♦ Ambulatory new clinic and optimization rollout management
- ♦ Epic Community Connect program development and guidance
- ♦ Community hospital add-on system activation projects
- ♦ Education coordination and management of thousands of end users, including the hiring of temporary educators and support staff
- ♦ Brought dysfunctional teams together to form a cohesive productive IT department during times of acquisition and transition; and, reorganized project teams to increase efficiency and improvement of the working structure of the project by utilizing the strengths of each individual
- ♦ Certifications in both Epic and MEDITECH systems
- ♦ Engaged by clients from coast to coast on the U.S. mainland, Hawai’i, and internationally in Canada and the United Kingdom
- ♦ Mentor and guide to assist our consultants with professional development
- ♦ Customer account management
- ♦ Co-recipient of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Illinois Metropolitan Chicago Regent’s Advisory Council (RAC) and the Chicago Health Executive Forum (CHEF) – An Independent Chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives – 2011 Professional Achievement Innovations Award, for Meaningful Use work accomplishments
Beth Thorpe, Controller
Mrs. Thorpe has been working with HSi since its inception in 2011. She has worked in the accounting field for over 30 years, including as an auditor for a major public accounting firm. For over 20 years, she was an independent consultant for nonprofit organizations and for startup companies in the high-tech industry. Mrs. Thorpe was responsible for developing and managing the financial and accounting systems for both types of industries. She was also instrumental in obtaining tax-exempt status with the IRS for a new nonprofit. She has served on several boards in the capacity of Board Treasurer.
- ♦ Active member of the AICPA and received her CPA certification in 1986
- ♦ Started with HSi upon its inception and developed the accounting and financial system
- ♦ Served on several boards in the capacity of Board Treasurer
- ♦ Applied for and was granted tax exempt status with the IRS for a new nonprofit
- ♦ Served as the Controller for a nonprofit providing mortgages for low income housing
- ♦ Helped create a day program for adults with developmental disabilities